The Rock the Road 10K team along with new title sponsor, Michelob Ultra, are bringing southwestern Ontario the Biggest Party Race of the summer. Sibling race directors, Brandon Laan and Chantelle Wilder were overwhelmed by the positive feedback they received from the inaugural event and can’t wait to unleash what’s in store for the August 19th race.
Registrations are flowing in and the pledging dollars for the MS Society of Canada are growing at record rates.
“Our goal is to make this a staple event for every family in London and the surrounding area.” says Brandon Laan.
Wilder lists the following ways to get involved… “register to run or walk, sign up to volunteer, be a sponsor, pledge-a-runner or promote the race using social media channels and earn cash for referrals!
Both Laan and Wilder are among Canada’s most elite distance runners and are also internet entrepreneurs, having recently launched Race Roster, a race registration company with social media integration and a cash based referral program for participants, volunteers and promoters!
TOP 10 Reasons to Run the Michelob Ultra Rock the Road 10K
10. Roll through the beautiful streets of North London, across the Thames River, past the University of Western Ontario, along historic Regent Street, before strutting your stuff down Adelaide and Fanshawe to the fun-filled finish line. Run a flat fast course on the roads of London, safely with the hopes up running a 10k personal best.
9. Achieve your goal of running a 10K race and take one step closer to your health goals. Share the achievement of this goal with all us of who celebrate your victory with you!
8. Proceeds from the Rock the Road 10K will go to support The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada. Funds raised provide services for those living with MS, and contribute towards research to find a cure—they are closer than ever!
7. London’s finest musical talent and most energetic cheerleaders will line the course to make sure you make it from start to finish with a big smile on your face!
6. Our race directors promise you your best RACE DAY EXPERIENCE to date. Our priority is safety and our mission is fun!
5. Our incredible team of volunteers will make sure you are safe and well hydrated from start to finish!
4. The Rock the Road 10k Health & Fitness Expo features 8 of London’s top companies who exist to make London a healthier and happier community! Our line up of guest speakers will be sure to inspire you on race day! View Details
3. Elite runners from across North America will battle it out for a cash purse of $3500 to be shared among the top 3 male and female finishers. Don’t miss out on the Kiddie Trot either; last year the daughter of the 2012 Boston Marathon Champion, Wesley Korir, made her debut!
2. Cowbell Curve will be in full swing in 2012 with spectators and volunteers equipped with hundreds of cowbells, ringing like crazy till every runner passes by!
1. Join the London community in embracing a life of health and fitness! Help us make this London’s largest recreational family event of the summer.
Photos from the 1st Rock The Road Event in London Ontario – August 21, 2011.
Part 1 – 2011 Rock The Road 10K Photos
Part 2 – 2011 Rock The Road 10K Photos
Part 3 – 2011 Rock The Road 10K Photos
Part 4 – 2011 Rock The Road 10K Photos
Part 5 – 2011 Rock The Road 10K Photos
Part 6 – 2011 Rock The Road 10K Photos