A twist on the stereotypical banana bread, this strawberry tea bread makes the most of summer’s favourite fruit! This delicious cake-bread is packed with vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, and protein. Serve with other fresh berries to for an extra anti-oxidants boost in this light dessert!
Butter (unsalted, softened)
1 ½ cups ¼ cup
Prep: 25 minutes Total: 1 hr 30 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries, almonds, and ¼ cup of the flour together until strawberries are coated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining flour with baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Stir flour mixture and milk alternatively into the butter mixture. Make 3 additions of flour and 2 additions of milk.
- Carefully fold in strawberries.
- Bake on middle rack for 1 hour or until cake tester inserted in the centre of the bread comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto rack to cool completely.
Adapted from: Canadian Living
Makes 12 servings ( 72.44 g / serving) 1 serving = 1 slice
Prepared By: Jennifer Broxterman, Registered Dietitian & Joyce Ho, BScH Foods & Nutrition student
NutritionRx Email: email@example.com Phone: (519) 520-9549 Website: www.nutritionrx.ca