After a brief chat with the SeaWheeze Half Marathon Race Director Allison Forsyth it was evident that lululemon athletica is going big in order to host a world class running event. Forsyth knows a thing or two about being world class having won a bronze medal at the world championships in the giant slalom. If that is your favourite discipline, you also know a thing or two about reacting quickly and going big! These are important characteristics for any race director.
Forsyth assured me that this race is more than just a race. The SeaWheeze weekend will be an extravaganza, the likes of which the racing scene has not witnessed. After taking part in the hoopla that was the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, lululemon was captivated by the energy in the city and the impact it had on those who dwell in the Greater Vancouver Area. lululemon and the SeaWheeze team aim to recreate that same energy and play host to a celebratory weekend filled with several events.
Top 5 Reasons to run SeaWheeze
1. EXCLUSIVE PRODUCT – Participants will receive the ‘Light As Air Short‘ or the ‘Speed Short‘, because lets be honest, who needs another race t-shirt!? Furthermore there will be an exclusive collection for sale with the SeaWheeze logo at the one of a kind expo.
2. The expo will feature LOCAL businesses.
3. CHEER STATION – by now you have probably witnessed a lululemon cheer station. This cheer station may cause you to run along side the leader of the race. Be cautious not to be over-inspired.
4. Training Program – several lululemon stores will be hosting a FREE training program leading up the SeaWheeze. Furthermore, lululemon team members will help you with your vision and goals by offering FREE goal coaching sessions.
5. BREATHTAKING SCENERY – If you are going to be running for well over an hour, you might as well enjoy the route.
If that isn’t enough, lululemon will be announcing the band set to play at the post race party. You will be impressed.
Important Event Information
Date: Saturday, August 11th, 2012
Start Location: Vancouver Convention Centre
Start Time: 7:37 am sharp
Finish Location: Vancouver Convention Centre (what can we say, we love this place!)
Entry Fee: $128 CAD, taxes included
SEAWHEEZE WILL SELL OUT
Register before May 1st, 2012 to receive your shorts
About the Author: Brandon Laan is a runner, coach, and entrepreneur. He spent his undergraduate days at The University of Western Ontario where he captained the Cross Country Team before fleeing to Hawaii Pacific University for graduate school. He is a Level II Certified USATF coach and holds personal bests of 1:06 and 2:21 in the Half Marathon and Marathon respectively. He also enjoys running to eat, not eating to run…and always will.