These burgers are great for barbequing and are high in protein! They can be eaten along side some sweet potato fries and asparagus or a house salad. The kale adds only 100 calories to the overall recipe and provides lots of vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K.
2 lbs – Ground Turkey
3 cups (750 mL) – Kale, finely chopped
1 each – Egg, large
4 Tbsp ( 60 mL) – Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp (15 mL) – Garlic powder
2 tsp (10 mL) – Onion powder
1 tsp (5 mL) – Thyme, dried
½ tsp (3 mL) – Rosemary, dried
3 Tbsp (45 mL) – Dijon mustard
1 tsp (5 mL) – Salt Directions:
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients with your hands.
- Form into 8 patties of uniform size.
- Place into a non-stick grill or barbeque that has been sprayed with olive oil and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes on the one side.
- Turn over, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 8-10 minutes or until center is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Serve alone or on a whole-wheat bun (additional calories) with a side of 2-3 servings of vegetables.
Makes 8 servings (160g /serving).
Adapted From: www.food.com
Written by: Jennifer Broxterman, Registered Dietitian & Sports Nutritionist
Runners Feed in partnership with NutritionRx
Phone: (519) 520-9549
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org