These granola bars are incredibly easy to make, packed with healthy ingredients and most importantly, they taste delicious. They are naturally sweetened with banana and applesauce and contain healthy fats from the seeds. These are a great addition to a simple breakfast of yogurt and fruit or for a quick snack on the go!
Prep: 10 minutes Total: 30 minutes
|Rolled oats||3 ½ cups||875 mL|
|Pumpkin seeds||½ cup||125 mL|
|Sunflower seeds||½ cup||125 mL|
|Ripe banana||3 each||3 each|
|Unsweetened applesauce||2/3 cup||160 mL|
|Dried cranberries||½ cup||125 mL|
|Cinnamon||1 tsp||5 mL|
|Ground flax seed||2 Tbsp||30 mL|
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a 9 by 13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mash the bananas and stir in applesauce until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Stir into the banana mixture until well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and press down evenly.
- Bake until the bars are golden brown and starting to separate from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes then cut into 15 bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes 15 servings (62 g/serving) 1 serving = 1 bar
Adapted from: Cookin’ Canuck
By: Jennifer Broxterman, MSc, RD
Registered Dietitian & Sports Nutritionist
NutritionRx | Professional nutrition counselling services in London, Ontario, Canada.