A delicious chocolate dessert made from simple ingredients, and is a great treat to enjoy on a hot summer’s day. With banana, chocolate, and peanut butter, this classic flavour combination delivers a sweet snack to satisfy that dessert craving, along with a source of folate, fiber and protein, and an excellent source of potassium.
2 each – Large Banana
¼ cup (50 mL) – Chocolate Chips
¼ cup (50 mL) – Natural Peanut Butter
1 tbsp (15 mL) – Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1. Line a large, shallow Tupperware container with parchment or wax paper.
2. Chop both bananas into 1-inch pieces. Each banana should give you about 5-6 pieces.
3. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together in the microwave on high for about a minute. Stir until smooth
4. Dip banana pieces in chocolate-peanut butter mixture to coat (If bananas are cold, this may be tricky), then place in the prepared Tupperware. You can spoon any excess chocolate over the tops of the banana pieces.
5. Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut flakes.
6. Close container and freeze for an hour. Enjoy!
Hint: Try crunchy peanut butter and leave out the coconut!
Makes 4 servings (87g /serving). 1 Serving = ½ a banana (approx. 3 pieces)
Adapted From: foodgawker
About the Author:
Jennifer Broxterman is a Registered Dietician and Sports Nutritionist. Her practice is located in London, Ontario, Canada. Check out www.nutritionrx.ca for more information or to schedule an appointment.