This recipe is delicious for dessert or Sunday morning brunch. Using light cream cheese instead of the regular helps to reduce the fat and calorie content. Enjoy!
|Peaches, halved and pitted||6 each||6 each|
|Butter, melted||2 Tbsp||30 mL|
|Cinnamon||1 Tbsp||8 g|
|Light cream cheese, softened||½ package||113 g|
|Maple Syrup||3 Tbsp||45 mL|
|Large Egg Yolk||1 each||17 g|
|Vanilla||1 Tbsp||15 mL|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim a sliver off the bottom of the round part of the peach, to create a flat bottom.
- Brush the peaches with the melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon. Place the peaches on the baking sheet with the pitted side facing up.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, egg yolk, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Spoon the mixture into the center of the peaches and bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Adapted from: Chelsea Ferguson’s Recipes
Makes 12 servings (69g / serving) 1 serving = ½ peach
Prepared By: Jennifer Broxterman, Registered Dietitian & Charlotte Christie, BScH Foods & Nutrition student
NutritionRx Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (519) 520-9549 Website: www.nutritionrx.ca