This Asian-inspired salad combines the light sweetness of baby bok choy and mandarin oranges drizzled in a light dressing. The crunch of the bok choy, dried noodles, and sliced almonds add texture and crisp to every bite. This salad is a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and healthy fats.
Prep: 5 minutes Total: 10 minutes
Low-sodium soy sauce
Baby bok choy, chopped
Green onions, chopped
Canned mandarin oranges, drained
Chow mein noodles, dried
Raw almonds, sliced
Reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
½ cup¼ cup
125 mL63 mL
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a small bowl to make the salad dressing; whisk together.
- Wash and chop bok choy and green onions.
- Drain canned mandarin oranges.
- Combine bok choy, green onions, and mandarin oranges into a large bowl.
- Gradually stir in the salad dressing to coat the bok choy.
- Add in the dried chow mein noodles, sliced almonds, and reduced-fat feta cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings (120g / serving) • 1 serving = ¼ of the recipe
Adapted from: Allrecipes.com
Prepared By: Jennifer Broxterman, Registered Dietitian & Jennifer Yu, BScH Foods & Nutrition student
NutritionRx Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (519) 520-9549 Website: www.nutritionrx.ca