This salad made from pantry staples and fresh herbs can be tossed together quickly when unexpected guests show up! Packed with fibre, protein, iron, and vitamins A and C, this colourful salad is not only light and refreshing but attractive too. Make this a complete meal by serving it with crusty whole grain bread on the side.
Orange pepper, diced
Cherry tomatoes, quartered
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh parsley, chopped
Fresh basil, chopped
Fresh mint, chopped
1 ½ cups
- Rinse and drain the beans and place in large bowl.
- Rinse and drain the corn and add to the beans.
- Add diced peppers and quartered tomatoes into the bowl.
- Stir in all fresh herbs and pour in olive oil. Toss gently to mix.
- In a separate bowl, toss avocado cubes with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Add avocado to the salad and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Makes 4 servings (459 g / serving) 1 serving = ¼ recipe
Adapted from: The Vegetarian Student Cookbook
Prepared By: Jennifer Broxterman, Registered Dietitian & Joyce Ho, BScH Foods & Nutrition student
NutritionRx Email: email@example.com Phone: (519) 520-9549 Website: www.nutritionrx.ca